From:
Greg Schoenborn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 21:39:50 -0400

Hello again to all.

I am still very new, even though I am 47.

First, I want to thank all of the people who replied to me about my tTG
results and questions about challenging diet for pre biopsy. I really mean
it. Thank you all so very much.

I've decided to FORGET the challenge diet. I CAN'T TAKE IT. ugh! Not after
seeing my oil slick this morning. Forget the G diet. But I am going to do
the biopsy. My only reason for that is, if all the snips come back negative
then maybe there is very little damage to my small intestines. Besides, I
need another look at my esophagus since my last endo in July. It is/was (?)
pretty erosive, but 'feels' better. I have a feeling in 6 months I will no
longer need Prevacid as long as I stay GF, and that my esophagus will heal.
So am I gluten intolerant? duh.... you betcha.

I cannot believe my life has wound up here. It took me, maybe, 8 years to
put 2 & 2 together. Of course, the butt-head doctors couldn't do it.
I suppose the biggest thing on my list is fear. Fear of other diseases
springing up and the difficulty of diet change, though the later shouldn't
be too hard.

My other symptoms that concern me are very odd type of burning skin and a
migraine that refuses to leave. Thursday is when the migraine started and
it has never really left completely since then. Just lingers. I've never
had one like this. And today I had an ocular migraine along with it.
Strange stuff.

My skin burns more if, for instance, I lift, push or pull. Any kind of
flexing makes it burn. It's a very odd type of burning.

I've also (and in the past 8 years) I have very odd vertigo. I can't really
explain it, but it comes very quickly. It does not linger, I just lose it
for a moment.

I do have some skin lesions; small and not itchy, on my shoulders and
stomach. It does not fit the typical DH. Sometimes, like I said before,
it's on my ankles and wrists and is very itchy.

I suppose my biggest concern, is, will this go away once on a GF diet? I am
so anxious and scared of other things (like MS and brain calcifications)
because of my neuralgic symptoms. They are not that bad at all, but they
are there.

I did have a border-line calcitonin level from one of my tests. I can't
seem to tie that in to anything.

I find myself crying a lot these days. I'll be glad when that is gone, too.
My biggest weakness at the moment is patience. Persistence is no problem,
especially with the diet.... just patience and the future.

I have always been a very active guy, play professional rock and roll on a
major recoring label when I was young(er). Very very active. I still play
music and have a very nice studio, a good, self-made paying job as a
contractor specialzing in kitchens and wood working. I ride a bike for
sometimes 75 miles in a day. I quit smoking about 6 months ago and
basically quit drinking about 8 years ago. I have worked so hard for all of
this. This year it came crashing down. I pray this GF diet and life change
will give me my life back.

Question; How many of you came in here with many symptoms and now are
much, much better? How many are 100% better? How long did it take? Big
questions, I know.

Thanks, and, advise is welcome as usual.

Greg Schoenborn ((c)?(c))
www.schoenborn.net

p.s.   Today was the first day for GF shopping. I live in the D.C. area.
Thankfully there is Fresh Fields with many, many items that are gluten
free. The first thing was GF chocolate chip cookies. That put a smile on my
face.