From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 11:07:35 -0400
The only reasonable advise at this point would be to
strip down both machines to the bare minimum and
see what happens. Re-seat all plugs, RAM, etc.

Due to Windows "plug and play", do not swap around
hardware too much unless it is very generic stuff.
(No video cards, modems, etc, including hard drives
if their machines have different hardware installs...)
Even better, boot from start-up floppies, etc.
You can get all "flavors" of boot disks at the
"NoSpin.com" site. ( http://freepctech.com )
               Rick Glazier