From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 08:48:30 -0600
At 03:45 PM 4/25/01, Jim Hills wrote:
>I am working on a HP Vectra XU 5/90C computer with two
>1 gb hard drives and a Toshiba CD-ROM all on an AMD SCSI
>controller and the BIOS is assigned the following to that controller.
>
>SCSI ID  VENDOR     PRODUCT                       CAPACITY     INT13H
>  2             HP               1.05 GB #A2                    1001MB
>80h
>  4             Toshiba        CD-ROM XM-3601TA    N/A          N/A
>  6             Quantum      FIREBALL1080S             1042MB   81h
>
>When I go Explorer I find the first disk assigned to "C:".
>I have reassigned the CD-ROM from "D:" to "E:".
>I have been unable to assign the FIREBALL a device letter.
>
>Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I need to do to get access
>to the
>second hard disk  HP has no help for this system.
>
>The system was donated to local elementary school for use by students
>and
>I am assisting in the maintenance and installs.

Based on your information, I believe one of two things is occurring:
1) The hard drive has failed and is still supplying just enough information
      so the bios can acknowledge it is in the system.
2) The hard drive does not have a partition.  Windows will not "see" the
      drive without a partition.

      Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: