Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2001 10:26:10 -0700
Stephen,

I have had similar problems with a KT&-RAID.  After disabling A3D and Sound
Blaster Emulation (just yesterday) all seems well with the machine.  Give it
a try, one at a time and then together if necessary.  It seems that the VIA
chipset is not friendly to these sound card functions.  Also try:
http://www.viahardware.com/faq/kt7/kt7faq.htm

Good luck,

Eric Heath