From:
Dan Kucherich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 18:34:53 -0400
Does PCMCIA card services appear in Device Mgr?  If not, you will have to
get it installed.  See the following for guidance:

http://support.dell.com/us/en/kb/document.asp?DN=FA1018231

  Did you try putting the card in the other slot?   Does you system lock up
with the card in the slot?  I'm pretty sure if the card is not recognized or
the drivers for it not installed, playing with com port settings will have
no effect.

> When I try to access the internet I get one of the following messages:
>
> "Unable to establish a connection" or
> "Modem could not be detected.  It may be in use, turned off, or not
> installed properly."
>
> I have a megahertz-dell xj4336 modem (pcmcia card)
>
> I am using it in a Innova 360CD Cannon laptop with two pcmcia slots
running
> under windows 95.
>
> When I go to the control panel and click on the modem icon the xj4336
modem
> is properly identified.  Under properties it shows that it is set for
com3.
> I have tried to change that setting to either com1 or com2 but I cannot
> change the com port setting.
>
> When I click on the system icon in the control panel I show two com ports.
> Both are working properly.  When I click on the pc card icon it shows that
> it is working properly, but it shows that both slots are empty
> notwithstanding the pcmcia modem is physically installed in the laptop.
>
> Any thoughts will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ron

                     visit our download web page at: