From:
Dave Littlehale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 11:43:26 -0500
I am using the original Win95 and added a 2nd hard drive that was 6GB.  The
only way I could use it was to install Promise Technology Ultra 33 IDE
controller.  I installed the controller a couple of years ago and it had
worked fine.  I upgraded the CD ROM to a CD Writer last summer and
everything continued to operate normally.

Just recently, the system stopped recognizing the CD ROM.  Checking the
Device Manager, there is a red X over the Promise Controller and the CD ROM
is not listed in the Device Manager.  Clicking on Properties of the Promise
Card there is a message that the device is diabled (Code 22), and under
device usage the box is not checked.  Clicking on the box and then OK locks
the computer up.

The 6GB hard drive is still recognized.  This I don't understand if the
device is not working.

The hard drive is connected to one port and the CD ROM to the second.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Dave Littlehale