From:
Jack R Payton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 19:20:12 -0500
This may give you some ideas, at least: I've replaced the original 2x
CDROMs on a couple legacy PB's with IDE's and was able to disable the
sound card modem installation, but I don't remember how - seems like
Device Mgr or maybe BIOS, or both. With CD's as cheap as free after
rebate why keep the old 2x anyway? Cheap sound cards are also around used
and new for as little as free after rebate, too, then you can remove the
whole darn multipurpose card.

Jack Payton

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml