Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 19:46:24 -0800
  I've been marrying my Christmas presents (!) to some of my spare
components (some are two years old) to make a new main workstation
running Win2K Pro:

Asus P2B-DS motherboard -- BIOS updated to latest
2x PII-400 -- FSB at 112 MHz = 448 MHz
512MB SDRAM (SPD ECC)
Matrox G400 Dual-Head AGP display card -- BIOS updated to latest
3Com 3c905B NIC
Creative SBLive 5.1
Pinnacle STudio PCTV Pro
2x Quantum Fireball UW SCSI drives (2.0 and 2.1 GB)
2x Fujitsu UW SCSI drives (4.0 GB each, stripe set)
Plextor 12/20Plex SCSI CD-ROM drive
Matsushita CS-7502 SCSI CD-R drive
Internal ATAPI Zip drive
Kodak DC280 digital camera software, with Win2K USB update

  Whew!

  I've been a bit disappointed that my SCSI scanner (Tamarack 6000Ci)
isn't supported (needs Adaptec EZ-SCSI), nor is my Intel QX3 USB
Microscope (supports only Win98 -- c'mon Intel, grownups can enjoy
this too!).  I guess I'll have to keep my 98SE system alive for a
while longer, too.

  But what I'm really looking for help on is crashes of the Win2K Pro
box.  I've had several different recurring ones, and I'm hoping I'm
not alone:

1.  LSASS.EXE crashes when I log in.
  This one seems to have gone away after a hard power down, but
without knowing what caused it, I'm afraid it may return at any
moment.

2.  KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
  I'm working my way through the knowledge base to try and close in
on this one....

3.  Machine total freeze/lockup, *possibly* associated with mouse
movement
  I've replaced the OEM Microsoft Wheel Mouse with a retail Microsoft
Basic Mouse, and downloaded and installed Intellimouse 3.2, and let
it sit with the power off.  MAYBE this one has finally gone away,
too, but maybe not.

  Are other people encountering these?  Are there tools I
could/should be using to diagnose them?

David G