Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 19:46:24 -0800
On 18 Jan 2001, at 14:14, Fred Bullock wrote:

> The following error message occurs when trying to start "Schedule"
> under "Services"  -- "Cannot set the startup parameters for the
> Schedule Service. Error 1057 occured.  The account name   Domain
> Name/Schedule
>
> Any ideas how to correct this?

  Have you recently updated Internet Explorer on that box?

  I know that sounds like a strange question, but one of the things
that IE 5 (and I think also IE 4) does is replace the original
"Schedule" service with one called "Task Scheduler"; one of the
differentces is that while you can set the account that "Schedule"
runs as, "Task Scheduler" does not allow this.
  Microsoft has a couple of Knowledge Base articles about how to re-
enable the "Schedule" service, but note that it and "Task Scheduler"
cannot coexist on the same machine.  If you need the capabilities of
both, you may need to look at some of the third-party replacements
for "Schedule" that are available.

David G