From:
Eric Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 2000 13:01:23 -0500
At 09:49 PM 11/17/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Need to revamp my surge control and battery backup.....work for a very
>$$$limited organization (not-for-profit) Wondering if anyone has
>recommendations for UPS's from other manufacturers than APC.  Though they
>appear the de facto standard there are a lot of other brands that "promise"
>the same or more for quite a bit less.....eg. Tripp Lite,Cyber
>Power.....even IBM....
>Any recommendations appreciated.

We went with Toshiba UPS units here at work.  Extremely reliable, easy to
install and so far, completely trouble free.  They have been in use for
about two years now.

My laboratory here has an extremely large unit.  APC made the same size but
was almost twice the price and twice the size at the time.  Not sure if
their smaller units are as well-priced, but I can say that they have been
just as reliable.

I can get more information for you if you want.  Write to me privately if
so desired.

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions