From:
Dianne Heins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 15:34:15 -0600
At 01:09 AM 4/9/01 -0700, jean-claude wrote:

>MOre carbonhydrates in the summer?
>I had a friend who had it so bad that his solution was to decide to not wear
>shoes anymore summer or winter and it worked  wonder for him .

Well, that does help.  The sweating inside of shoes seems to be part of
what sets up this problem in the first place.

As one who's always had *very* dry skin, this type of thing is "normal" and
I do know that when I pretty much wear my birkenstocks all year round
(adding breathable socks during winter), it's less of a problem, for me.
It also helps regulate temperature better--I, too, tend to keep things on
the cool side during winter, and going to work where they often have the
thermostat set to upper 70's (so they can dress like it's still summer,
imo), getting as close to barefoot as I'm allowed is essential!

As I'm currently playing with the omega-3/omega-6 ratio bit, I'll let you
know if that makes any difference for me, anyway.

Dianne