Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 02:37:41 -0700
I think this is in error.

My Dog is 12 years old.  He is a GSP.  A very, very  strong
hunting Dog.  He overdoes it now and then and limps around.
A gram of MSM and a gram of Vitamin C works wonders for him.
I have read extensively on Vitamin C,  I take as much as
8000 milligrams (8 grams ) a day and I am doing fine with no
stones for over twenty years.   I am 74 this year.  Try this
;  work in your Garden all day or do something that will
normally give you sore muscles for  a few days;  But this
time take 1000 milligrams of Vitamin C every two hours when
your muscles, and joints should start aching,  if you get
loose bowels that is enough, time to stop,  but most people
will not have any of the usual aches and pains after taking
large doses of Vitamin C.   Thousands of studies indicate
that Vitamin C has no side effects except that at the
maximum tolerated dose it acts as a laxative.  Your vet is
in the minority.

\Regards,  Lorenzo   (biased in favor of Vitamin C after
twenty years of using it for myself and my Dog)

: Re: [P-F] Nutritional Supplements

> RE:  Vitamin C
>
> A little over a year ago, when I was working on trying to
determine one of
> my dog's food allergies and intolerances, my vet at the
time (who's since
> moved so I can't get a reference from her!) told me *not*
to give her
> vitamin C--I had been because I found it acted as a bit of
a decongestant
> and seemed to help the allergy symptoms in other ways, as
well...  Anyway,
> she told me that since Vitamin C became a popular
supplement, there's been
> a significant increase in one of the types of organ stones
(I'm thinking it
> was bladder, but don't remember).  As I had a gazillion
other things to