From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 10:53:32 -0500
Todd wrote:
> I wonder if anyone has any
> opinions about the arguments in the following article...
>
> http://www.bruha.com/fluoride/html/green_tea___f.html

Todd, the arguments in this article it seems to me rest on the quantities of
fluoride in green tea. I wonder if green tea really does generally contain
such as surfeit of fluoride. If it does, then it is not a good beverage to
regularly drink. The thyroid part is the tip of the iceberg; fluoride should
only be present in tiny amounts in one's diet, I would think, it is a
micro-micro nutrient.

That is a very disturbing thought for someone like me who drinks a lot of
green tea. The article talks about fluoride content in terms of 8
*milligrams* which is a huge amount.

How does one find out, short of sending teabags to a lab, how much fluoride
is really in green tea?

--Richard (who drank coffee this morning after reading this article)