From:
Brad Cooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 17:11:16 -0500
On Tue, 23 Jan 2001 16:30:05 -0500, Stacie Tolen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

But that doesn't erase the fact that
>Zoe's not digesting fat. :-(

Stacie,

I wonder if the types of fat may have something to do with Zoe's digestive
problems.  I was told by my wife's doula that coconut milk or any kind of
oil would be very "hard" on my daughter's (9 months old) digestive system.
She mentioned that coconut milk is regularly given to infants and toddlers
in South America causing digestive problems, sometimes severe.

My wife and I (and other people we know) also have difficulty digesting
coconut milk/fat and olive oil.  We generally stick to animal fat.

Of course, this may not be Zoe's problem, but I thought it was worth
mentioning.

Good luck,

Brad