From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 20:55:59 -0800
On Fri, 19 Jan 2001 18:31:50 -0500, Wally Ballou <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On Fri, 19 Jan 2001 10:20:40 -0800 Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
>writes:
>
>> "You'd better save the planet" is the same sort of statement as
>> "You'd better wear your jacket so you don't catch cold".
>
>Not at all...  If you don't wear a jacket, *you* might get a cold.  If
>you dump mercury in the lake, *I* can no longer eat the fish...

A question:

Those of you who have pulled this one line out - entirely out of context - to
the exclusion of the rest of my post -- did you miss the point of my post - as
expressed in the rest of the message ?

Or did you just ignore it intentionally ?

I'll state it again, in case you missed it by accident:

" All of these 'warning' messages imply that we are astute enough to overcome 30
years of media propaganda regarding our diet, but that we don't have a clue
about the rest of our lives - whether it be the state of the environment, the
government's intentions regarding the internet, or what computer viruses are
making the rounds. "

--
Cheers,

Ken