Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 07:34:46 -0400
This was released on November 18, 1992, but the New York Times and
Washington Post both refused to publish it, claiming that it is not
newsworthy:

http://www.deoxy.org/sciwarn.htm

Before you toss it off as just a conspiracy theory, wierd fringe concept, or
scare tactic without merit, consider this:  "No less than 1600 senior
scientists from 71 countries, inlucing half the Nobel Laureates,  issued a
world proclamation in 1992.  ....'" (from the book BALANCE POINT:  Searching
for a spiritual missing link by Joseph C. Jenkins.  1-800-639-4099.  or
<www.jenkinspublishing.com>.

Don and I read the World Scientists Warning in 1992, then forgot about the
organization (but not their message; we keep doing our part to reduce our
environmental impact!).  We got Jenkins' book for Christmas, recently read
it, and wanted to share its message, which seems fitting with members of
this list.  It's a neat book and a good one to share, to help our Mother
(Earth:  home).

The book's premise is really than man and the earth are one and we need to
look at what we are doing to our Mother because if we don't.... Well, you
can read about that part.  There are many ways we can reduce our negative
environmental impact via what we buy, it's source, packaging, and
degradability (everything from food to cleaning products to clothing to
personal care products), what we buy second hand, reduce, reuse, recycle, or
refuse to buy, etc.

Happy reading,

Rachel

Rachel