Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 20:00:21 -0700
Update,  Movies are not documents but Dramatizations of the
truths.

As such they take "poetic license"  to distort truth.

I accuse many  City people of being extremely gullible about
the real world of plants and animals.   Obviously smart
City  people do not assume they know about the farm or the
woods.  They ask!  They try to learn!    However some who
are unable to learn  keep making pronouncements that Farm
Boys find ridiculous.

As  a  child I lived on a primitive farm set in  a clearing
in the "woods" during some of my formative years.     Often
my only recreation was to wander in the "woods".  Summer or
Winter.   Then due to a tragedy I was forced to live in the
City for a few years where life was subject to various
cruelties--performed by other youngsters my age who reveled
in dominating weaker children.   Then later it became
obvious that City or "Sophisticated Adults"  enjoyed
gloating over their ability to spend more money than their
neighbors--An adult form of domination.

If you have the courage and tenacity to read  Francis
Parkman's History of the New World you can tell me about it.
According to Parkman's findings;  The Savage Natives and
European  cohorts were hardly altruistic!

The  Carrier Pigeon was a bird that could not accommodate to
a sudden change in environment.   People with shotguns.  The
Colonists killed it and ate it;   and kept this up until it
was no more!

Then came the Buffalo!  Same thing!  Except a few survived!
Why?   Because some  very few Hunters  in the Congress
realized what was happening and fought to protect them.
The Hunters have never profited from their Conservation
attitude on the Buffs-   As   if they wish to hunt one today
it is hardly different from paying a farmer to shoot a fat
Holstein Cow.

> >For you from the BIG  City,  Do you believe this!
> >"that our ancestors hunted many species into extinction"

The Buffalo almost!

 I was thinking particularly of the wooly mammoths, although
there is
> some speculation that they were wiped out by disease.

Compared to the Buffalo------------The Mammoth  really can
not hold up  candle!

> The New Zealand Maori certainly hunted the Moa to
extinction -- this
> was a 2.5 metre high flightless bird. Easy prey for
stone-age hunters.

Could it have been a situation that the Moa lost its
"flight"  thousnds of years before Homo's  arrived in their
land.?

> And of course the Dodo was hunted to extinction, although
for sport
> rather than food.

Maybe?      Is this a political statement?

> >Also please mention if you know the difference between a
> >wild Mule Deer or an Ordinary  Mule on the Farm .
>
> If you're trying to offend people with postings of this
nature, I can
> report at least one success.
>
>   ...R

If truth is offensive-------------- all is lost!

There are pictures of Mules with "Iron Shoes on the feet"
hanging on City Hunters back porches-(as Deer)-check out
"Field and Stream"  Magazine before PC and Lawsuit Mania!

Try to read history and think about it!

Best Regards,      Lorenzo