CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tony Abdo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 13:23:57 -0600
Sorry, Wat.     You take me out of the garbage can where you had tossed
me, and I don't even remember what genocide it was I denied!     I'm
practically a total NAZI.      But things for giving me yet another
chance to have the priviledge of entering your sacred e-mail box.

Unfortunately we seem to have some sort of communication problem.     I
answered already that I would limit SEVERELY... all paid 'free speech'
of corporate advertising.     And now you demand that I answer the
question that I answered, hinting so subtly that I hadn't!    Well I
have, and I will answer the question again.     Listen up.

I'll even go so far as to advocate shutting corporate 'mouths' for good.
Let's entirely eliminate any speech for 'individuals' that have the last
names Inc., Limited, Corp. ,etc.    Seems harsh.     But these
'individuals' are bloodless vampires sucking our blood.

I want to be cruel to these 'individuals'.    Even if they wish to help
me out in some way.     I'm even for the violent suppression of their
'free speech', even if all they want is to just wish me to have a fine
day while shopping whatever and wherever.....

There.     I don;t think I can be too much more explicit on how against
'free speeh' I am.     I'm a NAZI when it comes to that!

Best wishes, Comrade Wat.    Glad to be back on good terms with you.

Tony
________________________________
<Stanley Fish argues that all speech has consequences. Now I might think
that Tony's past performance as a genocide denier should warn me to not
read his posts. However, after reinstalling a mail client without
explicitly filtering certain individuals to trash, I'm granting him an
opportunity to again assail my attention.

Tony, the question posed by F. Leon Wilson was "Is there ever a time
when the rights of a human being should be limited in the areas of the
expressing of ones personal feeling and ideas? What limits should be
placed on free speech?"

If at some point Tony would like to actually address the question I'd
consider reading his response.>