BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Marilyn Harper <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chapel of the unPowered nailers.
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 08:22:35 -0500
     My daughter has two cockatiels and the only way she has been able to
     figure out what sex they are is when they lay eggs.  She figures the
     egg-layers are likely to be female and if they hatch, the other one is
     likely to be male.  Since the current batch hasn't hatched yet, the
     latter question is still open.

     Direct observation of the bird in question apparently hasn't provided
     an answer.

     Marilyn

     P.S. In the past I haven't been able to reply directly to the list,
     but I've tried deleting part of the incoming message on the last two
     direct replies.  Hope that works

Subject: Re: Help! Engineer Sexing; Further Queries
Author:  Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]> at np--internet
Date:    1/14/01 3:23 PM

In a message dated 1/14/2001 1:19:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< VBG=very big grin
 BEG=big evil grin >>

"I see," said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw.  In my yout'
we had a (male) dog who was accordingly referred to as "he," and I must've
known somebody with a female cat referred to as "she,"  and surmise that my
global observation re: pet gender was based on that evidently insufficient
information.

We now have 4 goldfish of unknown (but apparently single) gender, since there
has been no increase in their number.  But it seems statistically unlikely to
me that all are the same, genderwise.  How does one tell which fish is which?

Which reminds me....a former coworker who kept cockatoos or cockatiels or
some such doity, disgusting, lice-ridden boids, advised me some years ago
that boy birds (at least that variety) have boy....parts, or specifically, a
boy part.  If you get my drift. Never having seen one (a boy bird, uh,
appendage) I wondered about that before, but still find it a little hard to
believe.

I guess this all makes me a city boy, doesn't it?  Ruth, I don't know how you
can live with yourself, thinking you were once as ignorant as I.

Ralph