Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 11:51:50 -0600
Please do not respond to ADMIN messages using PCBUILD.
Send comments to:  Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
It is time we went over the basics of using PCBUILD...  some
of your are getting a bit sloppy again:

When posting a new question, type it into an email and send
it to:  [log in to unmask]

All questions should contain as much information as possible
to receive the best answers.  Try to remember that we cannot
"see" your PC, but with lots of information about what you are
seeing, we can help.

Responding / Answering Questions
Edit down the original message to only the information required
so that your answer makes sense.  Remove Footers, signatures,
and everything so that the message is clean and concise, but makes
sense.

Never be derogatory about another persons skills or their PC.

Always attempt to be as polite and reasonable as possible.  Try
to remember that a very large audience will read your words and
their is no sense in being a jerk when answering.  If you are having
a bad day and want to be snide...  don't.   Take it elsewhere.

Try to remember that your answer will aid many, not just the
person asking the question.  So, add as much detail as possible.
Not everyone is at your level of skill or competency.  Taking a
moment to explain in detail will remove many questions in the minds
of your reader.

The basic sins when using PCBUILD:

No Flamming
No Spamming
No Cross-Posting (posting to more than one list at a time)
No File Attachments

Want more about posting?
http://www.freepctech.com/pc/001/mailing_list_posting.shtml

Need to quite PCBUILD?