Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Gareth Cranny <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 18:55:50 -0500
http://www.iomega.com/zipcd/products/externalcdrw.html

Here's a good option, but remember that getting USB and win95 to work
together is like trying to get your Honda Civic to run on diesel.  If the
machine can run 98, it would be a worthwhile upgrade.

Cheers

> Firstly, thanks for all your input regarding multifunction
> printer/scanner/copier/fax machines. Without all your positive responses I
> wouldn't have had enough confidence to get an all-in-one. I decided to go
> for the HP PSC500 (it's one of the few with a flatbed scanner) -- even
> though it doesn't have a fax function, I can scan and then fax using the
Win
> 2K fax program.
>
> Now I'm debating about a CD-ROM burner, and would appreciate feedback
about
> whether to consider an internal or external model. I have an old desktop
> (running Win '95) and a new laptop (running Win 2K). The options I'm
> considering are either getting an internal CD-ROM burner for the laptop
> (because that's my most up-to-date computer), or an external model that
> could be connected to either using a parallel or USB connection. The
> positive side of getting an external model would be that I could use it
for
> both machines, including in case I replace my desktop with a newer
computer
> in the future. What I'm concerned about regarding an external model is
> whether the quality and reliability and ease of use is equal to an
internal
> model. Any advice is appreciated.
>
> TIA,
> David Landau

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions