From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2000 10:55:44 -0500
> I've lost a couple of partitions (L and N) on my 20G hard drive and
> Partition Magic v3 gives me the error code of 113 indicating these
> partitions now overlap other partitions. I've tried to delete the
> partitions
> (K and M) around these bad partitions trying to recover the info on them,
> but keep running into the same error. Is there any way to repair the
> partition table to point to the proper sectors to recover these? Or is the
> drive now totally gone? What software will let me do this - as
> far as I can
> tell, the version of PM I've got doesn't have an option to do
> this. Another

     Hmm, ouch, I ran in to the same problem once. Are you familiar with
Linux? It's fdisk has a VERY powerful advanced mode that allows you to write
whatever you want to the partition table, in fact I screwed up my drive
while learning about this advanced mode!! If you don't have Linux, get a
linux boot disk (available on the net) with fdisk on it and boot with it. I
warn you though, this version of fdisk may give you some helpful warnings
but don't count on them, it will let you screw up your drive as much as you
want!! Hope this helped, TTYL