GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
yusupha darboe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 19:37:47 -0000
December 21, 2000

I came to the United States last January to join friends and relatives who
left the Gambia, and are continuing to leave every week due to the
deteriorating situation both economically and politically in the country.
For the first three months when i came, i did not know about Gambia-L, a
forum created to discuss and exchange ideas on issues affecting the Gambia
;and other related issues of importance. At this point i would like to take
this opportunity to thank my very good friend, Saul Saidykhan who introduced
me to this forum. I hope all Gambia-L members know this gentleman well for
the active and positive roll he is playing in this forum in our struggle to
restore democracy and good governance in our country which, for the past six
years after the takeover by this ignoramus(Yaya Jammeh) and his bandits, has
been gripped and paralysed by unconstitutionality. Since then i have been
closely reading and following various postings to the forum and i am very
much impressed by the comments and suggestions people have been making.
Although there are people who in my view, are sometimes negative about the
reality, and are only attempting to sabotage and undermine the good work of
others in the forum. I know we shall never be of the same opinion in
everything and all the time, but what we should know is that, there is only
one truth whether one acknowledges it or not cos of his/her personal
interest; or for some other reasons, but truth is what eventually triumph,
no matter how long it will take.

I must also express my thanks to all those good citizens of the Gambia who
spearheaded this effort through st.John's University to have made this forum
existed and maintained.

So here is a brother and friend joining the crew to continue the struggle
for the final freedom of our dear motherland, the Gambia. Even though i may
not be a frequent contributor in terms of postings, because of schooling, i
will ever remain active and determined in spirit to forge ahead with you in
this noble task which you folks have already started.The liberation of our
country from this frustrating situation is a common course, and we should
all join the crusade regardless of tribe, religion, or whatever to effect
any genuine change for the lasting peace and freedom of this peaceful land.A
gang of criminals like Yaya Jammeh and his cohorts belongs to no tribe.
There must never be a going back and the process requires patience and
committment as things sometimes do not happen overnight. Some take long and
some do not, but i pray and wish that God, through our efforts will give us
His strength to once and for all defeat this terrible regim of Yaya Jammeh
in the soonest time possible.

I look forward to readind your excellent postings. Lets maintain the
momentum, because one day we will emerge victorious over these cowards
claiming to be the men of this time in our country.

Yusupha K. Darboe