From:
Gareth Cranny <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 13:39:11 -0500
I recently tried upgrading my videocard to a Creative Labs 3D blaster, which uses the Nvidia TNT2 M64 chipset, and experienced nothing but trouble...  My system is setup as follows :

DFI AK74-SC mboard with a VIA KT133 chipset
AMD Duron 600MHZ (manually unlocked multiplier :) )
128mb pc133 Ram
S3 Virge DX
Fujitsu 10GB
Sony CDRW
D-Link DFE-530TX Ethernet adapter (for sympatico)

I have no problems with my current setup, however, with the 3D Blaster installed instead of the s3 card, the system will freeze every time I open IE.  I made sure the networking card and video card were on seperate IRQs, but one of them was *ALWAYS* sharing with ACPI Router for IRQ steering.  I tried all available PCI Slots, new Nvidia and creative drivers, all to no avail.  Is there an issue between Nvidia and VIA?  I also tried the new VIA 4-in-1 drivers, no luck...

Thanks...

Gareth

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html