CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tony Abdo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 08:08:13 -0600
Well isn't this just the perfect redneck philosophy, Izzy?      Trigger
happy with the common folk who you despise, and servile to the judicial
and policing authorities of the elite, that Issodhos sees as guarantors
of 'civilization' in the form the redneck knows.      I bet Issodhos
doesn't shoot 'the good guys' (cops) down at 4 feet.     He'd be a
chit-chatting, lovey-dovey with them, instead.

We are all in agreement that free speech ends at the point of  someone
malicously yelling fire in a crowded theater.     It's just that the
conservative is liberal in the desire to blow miscreants (as determined
by themselves) away.     Whereass the liberal is conservative in not
wanting to blow the miscreant away at 4 feet ala Issodhos.    Have you
ever noticed how the right wing nut is so gleeful to post
no-tresspassing signs all over the place?

Issodhos, you really think of yourself as a wise man for your attitude,
don't you?    And the rest of us who hesitate to use the firepower are
fools, right?

It's a problem when a society as a whole sees 'free speech' as nothing
more than having a superior military to terrorize others.     I define
free speech as the right to say something without being threatened by
thugs with guns.     Even if the thug considers himself as morally and
intellectuallly superior.

I wouldn't trust Issodhos with a tape measure, let alone a gun.

Tony
What limits should be placed on free speech?
      About four feet. Any closer and it's gonna cost ya.:-)
Yours,
Issodhos