CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"F. Leon Wilson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 21:09:37 -0400
There is a lot you need to know about you . . .

National Driver Register
<http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/perform/driver/>

The National Driver Register (NDR) is a computerized database of
information about drivers who have had their licenses revoked or suspended,
or who have been convicted of serious traffic violations such as driving
while impaired by alcohol or drugs.

State motor vehicle agencies provide NDR with the names of individuals who
have lost their privilege or who have been convicted of a serious traffic
violation. When a person applies for a driver's license the state checks to
see if the name is on the NDR file. If a person has been reported to the
NDR as a problem driver, the license will be denied.

How Can I Find Out If I Am Listed In NDR?

You are entitled, under the provisions of the Privacy Act, to request a
file search to see if you have a record on the NDR. You can download the
Individual Request Form, complete it, have it notarized, and mail it to the
NDR.

<http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/perform/driver/ndrform.htm#iform>

You can also take the completed form to your local motor vehicle agency
and, for a small fee, they will send your request to NDR. In either case,
NDR will send a response directly to you.