C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bobby Greer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 00:37:25 EST
In a message dated 2/22/01 6:27:27 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< this is why i want to get to a point that retirement is possible. many days
concentration on a problem at hand is next to impossible. every day that the
weather is changing which is almost every day around this part of the
country >>

I feel for you Ken. I almost feel guilty retiring in 2 mos. I have a  guy in
AA I sponsor. His grandmother raised him and was his "mother". His family
built this rural Baptist Church in Arkansas. The man is gay and most people
in the church know this. The services for his grandmother was today in that
church. Myself and another member of AA who is from that part of Arkansas
went over to be with him as his said by to his Granny. It was very sad in a
way, but uplifting in another for we as a unit made it through the "slings
and arrows" of small town tongues. The kid has been five years clean from
crack addiction. I came back and tried to tteach class but was too emotinally
and physically exhausted. The service, the situation, plus fighting the
semi's on  the way to and from on I-40 was a bit much. I am wipe. But it
reinforced what I have come to know in my heart. Being there for a friend in
a time of need is probably the  most decent thing I will ever do.

Good night

Bobby