C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
April Harlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 13:19:55 -0700
There are nice looking ties available for men that have a zipper imbedded
inthe collar portion so that as you move the knot, the zipper loosens, or
tightens in just that way.  But the knot is made so that it is permenantly
tied, Stiched from the underside of the knot and it won't start looking
unkempt.  I saw them at the mall in a "tie store."
I also knew a lady once who got her pre-teen kids to wear ties to church by
tying them neatly, adjusted to the right size, stitching the knot down
securely (like above) and then cut the tie at the back of the neck and took
out a short portion there.  Then she replaced that with some soft, ez
stretch elastic.  Presto -- pull over ties.
Myself, I would leave a bit of slack around the neck, cut it like above,
then stitch the cut ends (so they wouldn't fray) and add velcro there to
fasten under the collar/behind the neck. I'm always thinking of my 4 boys
who are growing like I feed them miracle-gro or something!  Gotta leave
"grow room" in everything.

April, Zookeeper and Mom to Christopher, 10, HFA, seizure disorder, & more;
Benjamin,8 , ADHD, migraines, SID, OCD, Tourette's; Nicholas,4, former 34
week preemie, PVL, mixed CP, SID, asthma; Nathan,3, NDA, & a big scamp :)