CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"The philosophy, work & influences of Noam Chomsky" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Sueko Sakai <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 10:42:45 -1000
after asking if there was anyone out there who could articulate the crisis
i went home and worked on it myself
this is what i found

what is the crisis?
in a word, liberalism
in particular terms, comparison wise
power
        authority
liberalism
        democracy
legality
        legitimacy
the Supreme Court
absolute power
        the Executive Office or Congress
        absolute authority

according to chomsky, we begin by looking at cases.
according to chinese philosophy, we look at patterns of activity, its
cause and effect, we look for standards of rightness, we look for a hidden
and a manifest reality

according to chinese philosopy,we should focus on the issue, not on
particualr terms
because
we don't want to get lost at the level of words instead of addressing the
issues

for the chinese, it's about how to explain order.
for the westerns, it's abouthow to explain change.
for kuhn, it's about awareness and acknowledgment that a crisis exists.

all-in-all, it's just that ole ding of an echo from carl schmitt echoing
over-and-over again, i told you so, i told you so.......

is there any one out there who can relate to these theories?

saka'i