From:
T. Olsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 18:54:18 -0800

Something we like to call "chronic appendicitis" runs in my family and
most of us, especially females, end up having a scheduled, not an
emergency, appendectomy sooner or later.  I went to a GI when I was
having troubles with my appendix.  He informed me that there is no such
thing as chronic appendicitis:  It is either acute or it isn't
appendicitis.  He also informed me that I must have IBS.   I found
another doctor and to make a long story short, had an appendectomy and
all my troubles went away for a good 8 years.

Other CD symptoms surfaced 2 years ago  (after the birth of my second
child and an extremely serious abdominal infection) and now that I've
finally been diagnosed as gluten intolerant, I wonder if this so-called
"chronic appendicitis" is really a symptom of CD.  Has anyone else had
issues with their appendix?  Btw, ever since I was little, I've been
told that I was slightly anemic, but other than that I've been
asymptomatic most of my life.

Tanya