C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Judi Kloper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 00:51:16 EST
 Another question:
Dana is supposed to have spinal fusion surgery in a few months.  We
(including Dana) have delayed it for years as we wanted him to get through
high school.  It's to the point now that he has trouble breathing and feeling
comfortable.  The docs have said that if we wait much longer he'll get past
the point of the surgery having any major positive effects on him.

We are so nervous about this surgery and he of course, as you all here
understand, is incredibly concerned, nervous, and scared.  Dana and we would
like to email or speak to any of you who might have had this surgery in the
past few years or know of someone who has.  We want to know the benefits. One
young woman told us it was the most horrible surgery but that she is so much
better than she was before it.  She's been the only one we've talked to and
it was a few years ago.

Thanks much,
Judi Kloper in Oregon