From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 12:18:55 -0700
>Thanks Stacie. Actually it's kind of weird, since
>anytime my husband eats whole wheat (like natural ovens
>bread, etc, he is not paleo) he gets a sore throat for
>a day. If he eats Wonder Bread (yes, i know i know) he has
>no problem.

I wonder if it's what's missing and not what's in it.  As in, Wonder Bread
is made from stripped, bleached wheat; whole wheat has more 'parts'.  Rice
and scurvy (I hope that's the right disease) come to mind; those eating
white rice, the rich, got it; the poor, who ate brown rice, didn't.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO