EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Dan C." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 02:38:39 -0000

>>Good question.  Faigin cites Colgan's "Optimum Sports Nutrition" for his
>>30g to 50g absorption figure.  Normally, Faigin cites articles from
>>scientific journals.  I don't know from where or how Colgan gets his
>>number.
>
>not a good source..  he may be just quoting body building urban legends

You might be interested to know that someone knows specifically where that
number comes from. What I am citing here is something I replied (too) on
Testosterone.net and got "published"

Basically, Dr Ann de Wees Allen (she has her site, www.anndeweesallen.com)
told TC Luoma in an audio interview back in the (good) days of the hardcore
version of MuscleMedia. I still have it on tape. You could send her an email
if you really want to know the sources.

Just my 2 cents.

Dan C