CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Koenig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 18:30:28 -0800
b, no, I don't think that it changes a whit the snowjobs involved, but it does
ensure that minorities (viewed here in a broad sense) get due consideration,
which is one aspect of democracies that I consider valuable.  Concerning your
second point, do you really believe that the snow job and MNC control and
manipulation would be any different if the election was settled by the electoral
college or strictly by popular vote?  If so, why?  In any event, you may have
missed the point of my comment, which was that in an election such as this, the
determination of the president might very well take months (past the expected
inauguration date) if there had to be a recount and judicial challenges of the
vote in virtually every precinct of the United States rather than in a single
closely contested  state. Dan