C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Susan Moskowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 18:43:58 -0500
Paige,
    I spent several years in the Scouts and struggled with many aspects of
the program.  I was pretty successful at selling cookies however. My biggest
problem was finding someone to partner with. They would send us out in
pairs, one of us would go to one house, the other to the house next door.
None of my able-bodied friends wanted to go with me once they discovered
that I could make sales to people who had refused to buy from them only a
few minutes earlier.  The adults in my neighborhood just couldn't say no to
a little girl with braids, a Scout uniform, forearm crutches and leg braces.
    Susan