C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carla MacInnis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 14:46:21 -0400
Beef Pot Pie

  Begin with pastry -

2 cups flour, 1 cup lard (not shortening), 1/2 cup milk, and 2 teaspoons of
sugar (for fruit pies). For beef/chicken pies, sub 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning
for the sugar.

Blend flour, lard, sugar (or seasoning) until crumbly (with sorta big chunks
remaining). Blend in milk. Turn out on floured board and cut in half. Roll out
each half. Press 1/2 into pie pan.

Now, for the hard part ... open a can of Campbells Chunky Beef Soup - put in a
bowl, add 1/2 cup frozen peas, and a couple of tablespoons of flour (to
thicken). Pour into pie pan. Splash a bit of red wine (about a tablespoon) over
the top. Then press top crust in place, crimping edges. Prick top with fork to
vent. Sprinkle a bit of parmesan cheese on top. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or
until crusty is golden and flakey

Roast Pork (you'll need a slow cooker for this one, or use your skillet,
setting temp to 200-225 degrees - season with oil first to avoid sticking).  No
need to brown meat first, just plunk it in the slow cooker, top with a jar of
apricot jelly. Cook on low for 7-8 hours. Remove from slow cooker and put in
baking pan and pour on some of the juices. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes more to
glaze the top. You can reserve liquid to use with pork chops for another meal.
I freeze the liquid for future use.

  Enjoy!

Cheers!

Carla