C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 08:42:41 -0500
not to make a statement on anorexia per se, there are lots of things being
defined as disability that no one who voted for the ADA would have thought
of as being covered. i think that is where bobby was coming from.

   just as an example of how the ADA is abused by government i'll pass this
on.  there was in calif. i think a suburb of LA (LOS ANGELES, NOT LOWER
ALABAMA) a stripper whose act consisted of pulling out a portable shower
onto the stage and then shower. soap up and rinse. doesn't excite me in the
lease, but, that was her act. the night club was actually finded because her
shower was not disability accessable.

    as you know i support the ADA. i am all for it, but, there did need to
be more clarity i guess. every problem in life is not a disability. even
those that are true disabilities can not all be fixed by legislation. ie:
some attractions in the national parks by their very nature can't be made
assessable, even though as much as can be done should be.