C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"I. S. Margolis" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
I. S. Margolis
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 23:34:33 -0400
Robin,

Personally, my teen years were not to my recall diagnosed as clinically
depressed--but they might have been.  I always attributed my grim moods,
anger, and frustrations to surging hormones, insecurity, limited social
opportunity, physical dependence on parents, slow social maturity, shyness
and timidity.  I'm not sure if psychological counseling would have helped.
As my teens were through the 1950's it was a miracle that I or my generation
saw any light in the darkness.

 Now I wonder whether the CP brain, per se, may occasionally trigger
depression or schizophrenic affect.  Whatever, early medical therapeutic
efforts seem appropriate.

My best to you and Zack.  And Shana Tova too.

S.