C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rayna Lamb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 05:16:36 +0800
Joanne,
Thanks for posting this address.  For those of you who may not know,
Anne McDonald wrote a book on her experiences in the Melbourne
institution she was imprisoned in (I used the word imprisoned, because
she would have had no way of leaving the hospital if it had not been
for a teacher coming in from the outside who helped her find a way to
communicate and who provided her with a home outside the institution),
called `Annie's Coming Out' (Pengiun Australia, 1989).  There is also
a film based on the book.  I highly recommend reading the book.  Very
depressing, yes, but still worth reading.

Rayna