BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
J Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "lapsit exillas"
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 22:16:38 -0700
> Sign me,  Canis Major
> PS Still don't believe in ultra-sonic pestchasers

Dear Canis,
That might be because you are apparently a dog.   Dogs don't seem to care
about them.   They don't bother cats either.

cp in bc

PS :
Neither did I until I tried one.   Use to laugh at the ads in the back pages
of Popular Mechanics.

The interesting thing is that I have yet to read of a real test done on them
by anyone except a believer or a manufacturer.   What convinced me to try
one were published testimonials by several big name greenhouse owners in BC
who provided their statements to the manufacturer for marketing.   The
Canadian Conservation Institute official publication for pest control states
that sonic devices have no proven effect.   Sort of like Vitamin C and Dream
Analysis, it takes one to know one, and if you aren't one, it seems there is
no way to become one except by a leap of faith.   Isn't that what "Belief"
is all about ?    The emotional side of scientific response is always fun to
observe.