Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Brad Cooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 17:02:55 -0500
On Fri, 26 Jan 2001 07:26:24 -0800, Ingrid Bauer/J-C Catry
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>doesn't seem very natural to me not even paleo inspired .
> seem to me just one more oportunistic book recuparating great ideas
>,blending them and making  a puree assimilable to anyone .

I checked out the website...it seems to me that this guy is promoting a
near-vegetarian diet.  In his biography it states:

"Geoff Bond was raised as a near vegetarian - an unusual thing in wartime
and postwar England. As a child, he had to think about and defend the
stance to uncomprehending friends. By the age of 10 years old, he was
already familiar with the concepts of food composition and human
biochemistry."

In the Natural Eating introductory guide, he states that "our distant
ancestors...ate vegetables, fruit, and the occasional small creature."  He
also suggests that our digestive tract is not really designed for meat-
eating and that our ancestors' diet included "perhaps 15% animal matter."

On top of all that, his recipes are almost all vegetarian and he apparently
has a section in the book addressing a vegetarian or vegan approach to the
diet.

Brad