C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 20:17:40 -0500
8bit
From:
Dan Keplinger <[log in to unmask]>
My name is Dan Keplinger, I am doing a research project for
my art history class on art programs for the disabled.
There are two points that I what to look at: how these
programs are funded and how much of society’s exspections
play a roll in the funding.  If you or someone you know
could please give me information, I would be grateful?  I
have created a list of questions, would you mind answering
them the best you can?  If you do suggest artist to looking,
please let me know how I can located their work for my
presentation.  I am mostsly looking at programs out of the
education system.

Thesis:  how do disable art programs get there
     Finding and what guidelines must be
     Met to receive social support and what
    is the benefits to the disabled?

1. Do they get government funding, or private funds?
If so, what percentage comes from each?

2. What criteria must the group meet?

3. What is society’s idea type of work by disabled?
   Artist?

3. Is it more crafts, or fine art?

4. Do people expect the work to be cute, cherry and
   happy?

5.  For a lot of people and disabled people art is only
 Of expressing their selves, is there a limit to
 What is acceptable?

6.  Would you ever not show piece, because it was to
 Expressive and don’t know how the public would
 Respond to it?

7.  what is the break down of the different types
    Disabilities involve in the arts? (i.e. C.P., Downs,
    Paraplegic…)

8.  How many cases have you seen where is the only way
    for the disable to communicate?

9.  How many cases have you seen where is the only way
    for the disable to communicate?

10. Is the only way for them to express their true
     feeling, why do you think these is?

11. Could you put a value on this as someone who works
     with the disabled and from the business
     perspective?

12. What if any experience have you had once a person
     in your group has become an establish artist,
     negative or positive?

13. What experience have you had once an establish
     artist becomes disabled?

14. Would this promote or decrease the funding?

15.  With the new administration, do think it is likely
     these programs are at high risk, because they have
     a double whammy being in the arts and for the
     disabled?

16. What are the social benefits of these programs
     to the disabled and non-disabled community?

17. Do you think disabled artist are seen in the same
     way as any other artist?

18. What is the break down of the founds you receive:
     government local and state, private and from art
     sales.

19. What funds go directly to the artist?

20.  Has there any contervisy over what the artist
     express in the work?

21. Are there certain things monies are to be spent
     for?

22. Does any type of disability benefit from art more
     then another?

23. How is the disabled seen in the art community?

Thank,
Dan Keplinger