RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 08:48:27 -0800
> What do vegans do for vitamin B12?

Huge can of worms you're opening up there, Jerry.  It never seems to
get settled, but basically, there are some who say that B12 is in some
fermented vegan products and/or algae, while others say that those are
just B12 analogs (or analogues) that don't do the job.  If they're
smart, IMHO, vegans take B12 supplements.  If I were you, I'd do some
research instead of asking about it here.  Below are two links that
discuss B12 analogs and one that's just plain interesting.

:)
Carol

http://www.vnv.org.au/Nutrients/VitaminB12.htm
http://www.scienzavegetariana.it/rubriche/cong2002/vegcon_B12_en.html