From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 11:13:08 -0800
I am using ICS and ZoneAlarm Pro on a Windows 2000 SERVER.
According to the ZoneLab web site only the retail ZoneAlarm Pro supports
ICS. Yes it is telling you it sees the ICS and to reduce the security
level  to medium so that you can access your local Zone LAN.  The retail
version has a setting in advanced tabs that allows you to specify that this
is a ICS server or client.

With the retail version in order to use ZoneAlarm on a  ICS Server you need
to >>>>
1)  Keep security in the Local Zone at medium.
2)  Check the <This is a  ICS Server> box in the advanced TAB
3)   Define which NIC is in the Local Zone and
4)  Indicate IP address or range that you wish to allow  free access to the
local zone

Even if you had the retail version the IP addresses you are showing here
are not correct for ICS.. by default ICS uses 192.168.0.1 for the server
and the one's that follow for the clients. your range would be something
like 192.168.0.1 through 192.168.0.50  (50 or whatever the number of
computers are on the LAN). With Win98 ICS you must use DNS but with Win2000
you can use fixed IP addressing as long as you use the addressing scheme
that ICS uses by default. Fixed IP addressing has advantages to those using
Unix Linux clients and for troubleshooting.

Mark Rode
The NOSPIN Group

I set ZA (in the advanced tab) to allow all traffic from the IP addresses
>192.168.9.0 through 192.168.0.255 and I also allowed it to pass traffic on
>my homelink HPNA adapters (same addresses). I moved my Internet security
>down form high to medium, but as soon as ZA is loaded, all internet access
>on my clients stops dead.
>Michael

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html