From:
Rick Lindstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 13:56:50 -0500
Carl-

At this point the easiest thing to do would be to disable comm2 in the
bios, assuming that you aren't actually using the external hardware comm 2
port for any device. The benefit of doing it this way is that you would
wind up with your modem installed to a "proper" port for modems. (I'm
making a large assumption that you have an internal plug-n-pray modem of
some description....)

The other approach would be to remove the modem from device manager,
restart the machine and (hopefully) let Windows discover and reinstall the
modem.

Good Luck-

Rick