From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 15:02:21 -0700
> The difference is that Amadeus uses reasoning to try
> to convince us of his
> position. If he simply told everybody that he knew
> all of the answers, and the
> rest of us would just have to have faith in him, I
> doubt if many people would
> bother to listen to him.

How do you liken posting a prayer or the mention of
God to "he knew all of the answers, and the rest of us
would just have to have faith in him"? Again, my
question: why would it be offensive?

P.S. - I this reply seems untimely, it's because I
received all of the digests since Tuesday in one lump
today. Has that happened to anyone else?