BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Preservationists shouldn't be neat freaks." -- Mary D
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 20:26:06 -0400

Hi, I'm back.  The product I used was Superlite Pale Gold Leaf Finish.
Cutting and pasting from various web sources, I can tell you this info about
the manufacturer:

Sheffield Bronze Paint Corp.
17814 S. Waterloo Road
Cleveland, OH 44119
216/481-8330
Fax: 216/481-6606

These are their finishes:
COPPER LEAF FINISH
DEEP GOLD LEAF
PALE GOLD LEAF FINISH
RICH GOLD LEAF
SUPERLITE PALE GOLD LEAF FINISH

I should correct myself...it has bronze powder as its pigment, not gold
dust.  I have to remember the labels more closely; I just recalled that it
had metal for the pigment and presumed the metal.  On the plus side, it
should be less expensive than gold dust.  On the bad side, I'll bet it's
still expensive even in bulk.
Dan Becker,  Exec. Dir.      "Conformists die, but
Raleigh Historic                   heretics live on forever"
Districts Commission                     -- Elbert Hubbard
[log in to unmask]               Proud member of Team Heretic