RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 12:54:51 -0800
William's mention of high or stinky meat brought to mind some
grass-fed beef I've had.  Recently, a local health food store started
selling grass-fed beef from 2 or 3 different producers.  I tried them
all, and each time, the meat had a rather unpleasant little hint of
"off-ness" in the flavor.  Does anyone know if that is normal for
grass-fed beef?  I asked the producers, and they acted as if they
didn't know what I was talking about.

I'd like to eat it raw, but when it tastes like it might be going bad,
I'm reluctant.  If I knew that the unusual flavor was normal for
grass-fed, I'd be able to adjust to it, so I'm hoping someone here has
lots of experience eating it.  :)

Carol