RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gary Orlando <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 08:13:28 -0500
>When I ate only raw foods, I developed severe gastrointestinal problems.

I think many people eat harsh vegetables, then claim that raw food
diet
did not work, although I don't know what your experience was.
I have found that fruits/leafy greens/small amt of nuts
works for me.  Cruciferous veggies can cause various problems.

Donald Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>@MAELSTROM.STJOHNS.EDU> on 11/11/2000
10:04:46 AM

Matt,

>Based on the questions that I have asked in the past, this is the last list
>I would look for "valid comments" on anything. I asked for a comparison
>between raw verses macrobiotics and got thing back like Michio Kushi is a chain
>smoker and eats junk food, therefore macrobiotics is no good (Michio didn't invent
>macrobiotics). Macro does not have a scientific basics (what is the scientific
>basis for raw?). Macro causes bad teeth. My favorite reply was that one person
>did not like macro because you had to chew your food (I guess you don't
>need to chew your food if it is raw). One person even asked me to look up the
>differences and report back to the group.

Personally, I think being fanatical about any diet is bad. It makes
more
sense to me to rotate your diet and monitor your vital signs; Eat for
optimal
health, what ever that is for you.  I find that partly raw and partly
cooked works
best for me. I am very suspicious about "one size fits all"
approaches.

You will probably see a whole bunch of emotional replies defending raw
after
this message gets posted.

Best of Luck,

Don