RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gary Orlando <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 08:09:38 -0500
>Yes, erosion of teeth can be a problem on diets that include a lot
>of acidic fruit. (This can occur whether one is a raw fooder or
>has a more "standard" diet that includes large amounts of such
>fruit.)

It seems to me that my non-raw diet including grains,nuts etc, also
caused tooth problems.  I would think that ripe fruit and perhaps easy
on the citrus, and including sufficient greens should be fine on the
teeth.

>Amennorhea is reportedly common among women on raw food diets.
>It is often rationalized as evidence that one is "pure," a view that most
>outside the raw community regard as unsubstantiated/bizarre.

I understand that it has been the experience of some raw women that
the flow decreases, which may be connected with a more
"pure" body.

>Vegan raw fooders may run the risk of B-12 deficiency in the long
>term. Calorie dieficiencies cause the weight loss mentioned in
>one of the papers cited; that can also cause weakness and
>intermittent fatigue in some rawists.

yes, I was tested as slightly deficient, but don't know if I was
deficient before decreasing the animal products or not.

b12 exists in the general population as well, and is an
environmental/intestinal issue,
from what I understand.

"Thomas E. Billings" <[log in to unmask]>@MAELSTROM.STJOHNS.EDU> on
11/11/2000 10:10:36 AM

Please respond to Raw Food Diet Support List
Subject:  Re: raw food research

Check out http://www.beyondveg.com for a scientific discussion of
raw food diets.

Tom Billings